One of the main features provided from ASP.NET hosting providers is ASP.NET MVC hosting, which depending on the services could be MVC version 4,5 or the most recent MVC 6. It’s very important when you look for a new ASP.NET Host to check the supported MVC version, thought if you get VPS or Dedicated server you could install what MVC version you want.
The most recent APS.NET MVC hosting version is MVC 6, which have the following improvements:
– Can Run on Hosts Other Than IIS.
– Dependency of System.Web.Dll Removed.
– Project Structure Changes.
– Single aligned web stack for MVC 6 and Web APIs.
– Cloud Optimized Framework.